- 0 items in your cart
- your subtotal:
Working with the veterinarian community
The Honest Kitchen produces a line of dehydrated human-grade whole foods, herbal supplements, teas and treats for dogs and cats. Our products are made in a human food facility (not in a pet food plant) for the highest possible quality standards, using only ingredients from known and trusted sources. We produce nutritionally complete & balanced recipes as well as one fruit and vegetable base-mix. In our complete diets, we just use one protein source (meat or fish) which makes it easier to select the right recipe for pets with protein sensitivities.
If you are a veterinarian and would like to know more about resources we have available for you, please contact us. Resources include:
- Free box to try on your pets at home
- Complimentary samples and literature for your practice
- We can also host a ‘lunch & learn’ depending on the area you’re in
If you are a vet student and would like to hear more about our program discounts, please email email@example.com.
- I’m new to this food – could you send me literature and samples?
- We’d be happy to! Please contact us and we’ll send it our just as soon as we can.
- Do your foods meet AAFCO standards?
- All our diets, with the exception of Preference™ a meat-free base mix, meet AAFCO standards. Three of our dog foods are suitable for All Life Stages, and all other diets are for Adult Maintenance.
- Can you tell me about you manufacturing facility?
- Our foods are made in a human food facility in Illinois. We have always produced our 100% human grade pet food in a ‘people food’ facility (never a pet food plant). We’ve hand-picked this state of the art facility to ensure our foods are products with the strictest protocols.
- Who develops your recipes?
- All recipes are formulated by Lucy Postins, with over 15 years of nutritional expertise. Each diet undergoes rigorous testing with holistic vets and our local customers (for palatability testing). Some recipes, like our fish-based diet, Zeal™, took over three years to bring to market as we always strive to have the most nutritious, species-appropriate and sustainable foods.
- Can I sell your foods in my practice?
- Yes! Please contact us about becoming a reseller here.
- Do you have any hypoallergenic diets?
- We don’t make hypoallergenic diets, but we do produce two limited-ingredient diets, Thrive™ and Zeal™. We also highly recommend Nutriscan, a revolutionary food sensitivity testing system.
Sully is crazy about Force and not a drop remains in his bowl when he's done.
Perfect Form works wonders on Bebe & Brutus’ sensitive tummies.
My cat, Alo, will do anything for Wishes treats. And so does my dog, Molly!